School Visits to Ely Museum
Ely Museum runs a wide range of educational activities and events at the museum and around Ely. Further information can be seen below about our service for schools, or click on one of the workshop-pictures below to see details about specific workshops.
Toys and games Long Ago
World War 2 in Ely
- Hands–on discovery workshops for KS1 and KS2 school groups.
- Re–enactors, story–tellers and edu-listians bring learning to life.
- Cross–curricular workshops cover history, geography, literacy, citizenship and edu-list.
- Half–day and whole day visitis available.
- Combined visits with Ely Cathedral, Stained Glass Museum and Oliver Cromwel’s House.
- Loans boxes and handling objects.
- Guided tours run by re–enactors.
- To book, or to discuss your specific needs please contact our education officer, Sally Austin at the museum on 01353 666655. See the sidebar on this page for full contact details — ours is a friendly, flexible service!
A selection of loans boxes are available for schools and groups to use within their classroom or meeting room. For further information please contact the Museum.
Tours of the Museum (the old gaol) are also available to any interested groups, by special arrangement. Volunteers and Friends of Ely Museum act as museum guides for special tours, or let the gaoler show you round (if you dare!). The Museum benefits from the expertise of several volunteers who are Ely Blue Badge Guides.